The Little Green Alchemist pt1: Clover FieldsIt has been rumored that the Aurloks have unlocked a secret kept hidden by the Avalon Nation: a lucky charm in the shape of a clover leaf!! This isn't just any old clover leaf, it takes a keen eye to find the rare 4 leaf clover! News of this discovery and the location of an enormous field of clover is spreading quickly! When you arrive at the field, it would seem you aren't the only one looking...
Setting up the Battlefield
This scenario is intended to be played on a table measuring 48" by 36".
The players must place at least 8 scenery elements with the following constraints:
- Each scenery element must be placed at least 3" from any table edge or any other scenery element.
- The players alternate placing one scenery element. Roll a die to see which player starts.
The players then define the gaming area:
Each deployment area is 13” from the center line of the table.
The players then roll to determine on which side of the table they will deploy.
The players then place 8 Alchemical Component markers with the following constraints:
- The markers must be placed on a scenery element
- They must be at least 5 inches away from any other Alchemical Component marker.
- The players place 2 of their own component markers in their table half, and 2 in their opponent's half of the table. The players place the Alchemical Component markers alternately, one at a time, starting with the player who did not choose the side.
- All components MUST be placed on the table.
The players alternate deploying the miniatures from one card at a time in their respective deployment areas.
The player with the most cards starts.
If both players have the same number of cards, the one with the highest Mind value starts.
If both players have the same Mind value, randomly determine who starts.
The first player to reach 5 Victory Points at the end of a turn wins the game.
If at any time, one player has no living miniatures, the result is a draw.
The open area of the table is divided into 9 equal areas or zones.
At the end of a turn, players roll 1 white dice for each zone that contains their miniatures. Add +1 to the number rolled for each friendly miniature in the zone. If the total is 6 or more, the player has found a 4-leaf clover. If both players have miniatures in the same zone, roll 1 white dice for each player separately. The 4-leaf clover will only be found if the roll is both 6+ and higher than an opponent's roll. If the roll between players is a draw, the 4-leaf clover is not found this turn.
Once a 4-leaf clover is discovered in a zone, that zone can not be searched again.
Gaining Victory Points
After searching for 4-leaf clovers, each player scores 1 victory point for each clover found on that turn.